Tuesday, July 19, 2011

About Me

You know I've always just assumed if you are reading this blog you know me. That you know where I've been, where I'm at, and where I plan to go. Then it dawned on me that maybe you found this by accident. Or someone linked you to it, that maybe you found it searching for something else. Well then it would seem that this blog is really random. So let me give you a little run down.


The name of the blog, No Ordinary Human, refers to a line in the British show Doctor Who, of which I am a fan. "There is no such thing as an ordinary human" he says in an episode called The Lazarus Experiment. It really it me so I thought I would use a variation of it for my title. We are all unique and contribute something to this world. For some it is something great that changes the world, for others it is something small that changes them and those around them. So I try to remember that. That I'm more then ordinary.


Now with the explanation of my title out of the way I can tell you a little about me personally. I'm 27, be 28 in October. I'm the youngest of four children and the closest in age to me is 14 years older. Two brothers and one sister. I've always been closer to my sister then my brothers. They are all married and have children of their own. Two nieces and five nephews total.


I'm currently enrolled in school at Stevens-Henager College. I'm working on my degree in Graphic Design. I've just started and loving it so far. There is a lot of work but when your working towards something you love it doesn't seem as hard. I've always had a more artistic side even though my drawing skills at times leave something to be desired. Graphic Design isn't all about drawing though so I will find my spot in it I'm sure. My dream job would be working at Wizards of the Coast doing book layouts and such.


I just moved. Well by just I mean about three and half months ago. But it's still pretty fresh here. So with a move comes looking for work. It is proving a little harder then I thought it would. However head up and trying to be positive. It will happen. After all the squeaky wheel gets the grease.


Hobby wise I have quite a few but as of late I have not really partaken in a lot of them. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and G.I. Joe are both something that I've collected since I was a kid. They have become more of just collecting the comics as of late. I'm a nerd. Plain and simple. I also like to write. That has sufferd to as of late. It is something I should try and do way more then I do. I need to make an effort towards it. Readin, loving reading. If I don't have three books going at once I feel I'm falling behind. Like to camp. Haven't been in a while with moving around as much as I have in the last few years. Animals, I think they are great. Playing with the dog we have is a great thing.


And I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. For those not familiar with that church, well most people refer to us as Mormons. Now I want to clear one thing up, and that is yes we are Christians. The name of our savior is in our church's name, the only way to salvation is through Him. It is because of His atonement we can be saved. Now I'll get off my soap box. We are just as normal as everyone else. There are those out there that say religion is a crutch for those to weak to stand on their own. To them I say, I know that there is a God based on what I've seen. Go stand on top of a mountain and look out across the view below, look under the ocien at all the different aquatic life with their colors and homes, look into space and then look me in the eye and tell me it was all an accident.


Anyway I think that gives you all a little view about me. I hope you learned something. I look forward to posting more in the future and sharing more of my self in each post and thought I put up. I hope you enjoy your time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment