Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting for the darkness

I'm still awake at 11:17 pm. I should be asleep, resting for the morning so I can wake up fresh and ready to take a test for my psyc class. But I can't sleep. I can't sleep cause my mind wont shut off. It would be great if I could figure out how to silence it. I often wonder about some people and how empty their minds seem. I wonder how they can be content to go through life like that. I also wonder about people who are so encumbered by worry that they never smile. The only thing they seem to enjoy doing is worrying even more and don't know what to do if there is nothing to worry about. My mind wonders. Focus on sleep. That is the goal.


Goal, yes goal. Graduation. Oh how wonderful that will be. To actually be able to say I did it for my self. That it was my hard work that got me to that point. That stupid class. That psyc class online that makes me want to pull my hair out because it makes since and none at the same time. Not again, mind wondering. Must get it back onto thinking about sleep.


Sleep, I wonder how those in power sleep at night. I mean how can they look in the mirror and be okay with themselves? They are put in by the people to represent the people but in the end they represent themselves. Why punish the people cause they can't do their job, why not stop there own pay and take that money to pay those who have earned it with years of hard work.


Hard work, oh I wish I could find work. I hate waiting. I nailed that interview. I should have the job now. I shouldn't have to wait. Wait. Yes I'm waiting for sleep. Sleep wont come with thoughts going through my head. I need to sleep. I wont sleep though. Not soundly. I'll toss and turn and wake up feeling like I haven't sleept. Maybe I shouldn't sleep. Wait to sleep when exhaustion overtakes me.


I can't do that. Close my eyes and focus on sleep. That's what I need to do. Restless sleep is better then no sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment